This is the best guacamole you’ll ever eat. It’s spicy, chunky, and full of freshness. Even the “guac-haters” love it. It’s great with chips, on salads, or on a big bowl of black beans and salsa, and James just eats it with a spoon.
Start with a ripe avocado (should be dark in color and be able to slightly press your thumb into the sides). Make sure you have a juicy lime, a nice red onion, fresh jalapeno, and cherry tomatoes. If you are a lover of cilantro, make sure to have some of that, too. For the spices: have salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, and a little garlic.
In a bowl squeeze the juice of one lime. Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic. Spoon out the avocado and add it to the bowl. Stir in the onion and jalapeno. Add the sliced cherry tomatoes and some roughly chopped cilantro. Stir this together with a fork, but just slightly. I like it chunky and not slimy. If it seems a little dry squeeze a little more lime juice on the top. Taste it one last time to adjust it for your families taste buds. This is so delicious, filling and healthy.
- 2 large ripe avocado
- 2 large juicy limes (may need more if lime isn't juicy)
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ large red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ large fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced without the seeds
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional), roughly chopped
- ¼ salt (add salt to taste)
- Sprinkle of cumin (an ⅛ teaspoon or less)
- Dash of cayenne pepper (we add a couple of dashes because we like the spicy punch)
- Dash of garlic powder
- Squeeze two limes into a small bowl. Stir in the salt, cumin, pepper, and garlic.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the seed and slice into small chunks within the peelings.
- Spoon it out into the bowl of liquid. Rough chop it into the liquid using a fork.
- Slice the onion very thinly and fold it into the bowl of avocado.
- Slice the jalapeno very thinly, make sure to remove the seeds, and fold it into the bowl of avocado.
- With a fork mix in the cilantro, roughly chopping and blending. Be careful not to stir too much or it will become very creamy. This is a chunky version of guacamole so there is no need to excessively stir it.
- Add a little more lime or salt if necessary. Garnish with a twig of cilantro.