This tastes like a banana milkshake, and I’m not kidding. It has four ingredients. That’s all. The green is from the spinach, not a green banana. The banana has to be overly ripe to give it that really sweet, milkshake flavor. This is such a great way for me to guarantee I get enough fruits and vegetables to start my day. It’s so easy to make.
Here’s the main ingredients:
Banana Tip: When my bananas get ripe, I use as many as I can before they ruin, and then, I freeze the rest to make banana ice cream or use them in smoothies or banana bread. I never throw out old bananas or any fruit for that matter. I just slice, freeze them, and use them later.
Today I used frozen grapes, but a frozen banana would be good, too. Then, you wouldn’t need the grapes to be frozen unless you like eating it with a spoon…either way, it will taste good and provide you with tons of nutrients. You really need to try this simple recipe and let me know what you think.
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup frozen grapes (heaping cup)
- ½ cup almond milk (or soy)
- 1 large overly ripe banana
- Put banana and milk in the blender. Start blending.
- Add the spinach next and blend.
- Add the frozen grapes and blend another minute or two until completely smooth.
- Make sure to go in this order to keep the blender from jamming.